Becoming an AI-empowered Enterprise
In 2016, the world was shocked by the news that AlphaGo, an AI-powered Go-playing software, defeated the then professional world champion of Go. Due to the complexity of this strategic board game originated in ancient China, such a result was beyond the wildest dream even for the field of artificial intelligence, let alone for the global community of Go players. This monumental event has been marked as the beginning of an AI era. In the annual World Economic Forum of the same year, the forum’s founder and executive chairman, Klaus Schwab, asserted that the fourth industrial revolution in human history had already begun unfolding. The highly respected German economist’s points were further explained in his book: The Fourth Industrial Revolution, published in 2017. Here, we summarize his assertion in a simplified fashion with the following table.
The transformation occurring in the present industrial revolution is widespread, fast, as well as complex. Its impacts will be felt by many industries and by majority of global population in their works and lives. It will disrupt the conventional rules of competition: “In the new world it is not the big fish which eats the small fish, it is the fast fish which eats the slow fish”, said Schwab. To understand what it means, we only need to look at the global influences imparted by the following disruptors: Amazon (1994), Netflix (1997), Alphabet (Google 1998), Tesla (2003), Meta (Facebook 2004), Airbnb (2008), Uber (2009), Moderna (2010), and ByteDance (TikTok 2016), all of which have been operating for less than twenty or thirty years.
However, most enterprises, large or small, will inevitably encounter some obstacles during their process of AI transformation. Common obstacles are:
- lack of AI-related talents and technical skills,
- insufficient data needed for model training of AI algorithms,
- lack of enterprise custom AI solutions, and
- long cycle time and high cost for developing custom AI solutions.
D8AI Inc. is a provider of AI technical services. Our vision, mission and core value are focused on reducing obstacles for enterprises undergoing AI transformation. Here are some of our main features:
- We provide AI technical services that are applicable to all types of fields.
- Our AI software engines and service platform are self-developed, and hence our customization service is flexible.
- Our service workflow is highly automatic, and hence our customization service is efficient and scalable.
- Our service platform includes a friendly user interface for enterprise administrators such that users with non-technical backgrounds can learn to use it quickly.
- We provide cloud-based services: AI as a Service and Bot as a Service.
We believe that AI empowerment should not only be available for big corporations rich in resources. For most enterprises, AI transformation is both a challenge and an opportunity to elevate their competitive edge. We hope that during your enterprise’s journey towards AI empowerment, D8AI can be an effective assistant for you.